Roth McGilchrist Buildings, Salem OR

Roth McGilchrist Buildings were originally constructed circa 1916 as two separate buildings, which also tied into the adjacent Bligh Hotel. The building have seen many different uses during their lifespan, from grocery store, to YMCA, Woolworths, a city jail, various retail shops and the former Jonathan’s restaurant and long bar.

Recent renovation work completely upgraded the structures and exterior and created (9) apartment units on second floor and (6) commercial tenant spaces on first floor, as well as basement areas, with a total building area around 39,000 sq ft.